Mount Hope Counseling Center offers a Marijuana Education Class or Marijuana Offenders Program (M.O.P.). The class is approximately two hours long, but on occasion, more time may need to be allowed. This is a class by class basis, so please make the necessary time preparations before attending.
During the first session, the instructor provides participants the opportunity to assess their experience with marijuana, learn about the impact marijuana has on the brain and body, and understand the social consequences of marijuana use. This session is a form of education, not treatment.
Allocation of Visit
Each participant of the Mount Hope Counseling Center Marijuana Education Class, or M.O.P., will be required to attend one full session class, in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Full payment is due on date of session. If participant is unable to produce payment on date of session, the court will be notified, and Certificate of Completion will not be presented. It is the duty of each participant to make sure they have payment in full, and have allowed the time necessary to stay for class completion.
Marijuana Education Class or M.O.P. Logistics
- Mandatory Class Session: 1 Session
- Length of Session: Approx. 2 hours
- Session Time & Date: 9 AM on the last Saturday of each month
- Participant Must Call to Register for Class and Verify Session Time
- Program Location: 1320 N B St Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901
- Session Cost: $100.00
- Payment Source: Cash or Money Order Only
- Payment Due on Date of Service
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to self-monitor behaviors (practice self control).
- Must be willing to honestly examine or review the consequences of marijuana use.
- Individuals with a significant history of physical violence and who express an inability to refrain from violent outbursts in a structured setting.