Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody’s power; that is not easy.– Greek Philosopher, Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC)
Mount Hope Counseling Centers offers an Anger Management Program using either group sessions or individual sessions as methods of treatment. During the twelve sessions, the clinician provides all three major anger control interventions: cognitive restructuring, healthy relaxation skills, and social skills training through the use of role-play. The purpose of the sessions is to focus on anger management strategies that improve anger regulation skills. This program is not to be used solely for treatment for domestic violence.
Allocation of Visits
Each participant of the Mount Hope Counseling Centers Anger Management Program will attend (1) intake/orientation session, (12) therapeutic group or therapeutic individual sessions, in order to receive a certificate of completion. Sessions will need to be completed within (16) weeks of participant’s intake date to receive a certificate of completion. If sessions are not completed within the (16) week window, case will be closed and/or court notified of noncompliance issues. The first session or intake/orientation session will familiarize participant with program expectations so that common ground can be obtained; all questions will be answered during the intake/orientation session. The following twelve therapeutic sessions will be focused on all three major anger control interventions: cognitive restructuring, healthy relaxation skills, and social skills training through the use of role-play.
Anger Management Program Logistics
- Mandatory Orientation Session: (1) Session
- Number of Sessions: (12)
- Length of Sessions: Therapeutic 1/2 Hour to (1) Hour
- Frequency of Sessions: One Time Weekly
- Session Time: By Scheduled Appointment Only Call for Appointment Time: (479) 494-7889
- Class Location: 1320 N B St Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901
- Payment Source: Third Party Reimbursement Only. Mount Hope Counseling Centers is in network with most major insurance providers except Medicaid. For persons without insurance, Mount Hope Counseling Centers can provide assistance in acquiring third party reimbursement.
- Required Text: $5.00
- All Payments Due on Date of Service
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a willingness to complete homework assignments and self-monitor behaviors (practice self control).
- Must have a willingness to honestly examine or review the consequences of destructive anger management skills.
- Individuals exhibiting severe depression and/or suicidal or homicidal ideations.
- Individuals with a significant history of physical violence and who express an inability to refrain from violent outbursts in a structured setting.
- Individuals who have delusional beliefs or psychotic features that influence their anger response.
- Active or untreated alcohol or other drug dependence issues.